Access – preparing you for study
If it’s been a while since you have studied, don’t worry! The training is delivered in a supportive manner, demonstrating our commitment to the values underpinning restorative practice – respect for others, equal access and a belief in the potential in everyone to achieve a positive outcome. All training materials are given out in advance and opportunities are provided for consolidating learning through reflective written exercises.
The trainers are there to help you and the course is designed to produce opportunities for you to learn from a variety of study materials and has the following elements:
- Written information: pre-course information, the workbook and the exercises;
- Discussion: in pair work, small groups and large group discussions;
- Practical exercises taking you through each stage of the restorative process;
- Written work: the opportunity to reflect on key aspects of restorative practice;
- Role-play: taking on the role of client, observer and restorative practitioner allows you to appreciate the input of all the parties.
Learners are required to attend and complete the whole course. For those with additional needs please contact the Centre so we can put arrangements in place before you start.